Since realizing I needed to up my daily nutrient intake, I decided to incorporate a salad into my daily meal plan. Either for lunch or dinner depending on how hungry I am at lunchtime. Doing this has seriously changed my life. Getting a variety of color, vitamins, and minerals in one big tasty bowl is where it’s at!
Each week when I meal prep, I always chop up a big ole bag of salad (Because chopped salads are LIFE and it’s SO MUCH CHEAPER than the bagged variety at the store PLUS you get so much more!!! Think $3 for 6-8 salads!!) This way when I’m in a rush or we’re on the road I can just toss some of my base in a bowl, top it with pre chopped options and a delicious homemade dressing and I have a super healthy meal in minutes.
If you’re looking for something quick, delicious, AND healthy ~ this salad is your new best friend.
Chopped Rainbow Salad w/ Sesame Dressing
- 2 Leafy Green Bunches + 1 Head Cabbage, Chopped and mixed together (THIS WILL BE YOUR BASE. It will make about 6-8 salads worth of mix! I throw this in a container so it’s easy to toss in a bowl for easy meals throughout the week!) (I use Kale, Romaine, and Purple Cabbage to add some purple to my plate! If you don’t like kale, I promise you can’t even taste it here so you might as well take advantage of all the wonderful health benefits!!)
- Carrots, Shredded
- Cherry Tomatoes, Diced
- 1/4 Cucumber, Diced
- 1 Radish, Diced
- Green Onion, Thinly sliced
- 1/2 Avocado, Diced
- 1 TBSP Chia Seeds
OR whatever veggies, fruits, nuts, and seeds you prefer in your salad! Olives, mushrooms, sprouts, pepperoncini’s, sun dried tomatoes, cilantro, parsley, the possibilities are endless! Stray away from things like croutons, glazed nuts, or sugary dried fruits though.
For Dressing: (This makes extra for the week!)
- 1/4 C Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Aminos
- 2 TBSP Sesame Oil
- 1/4 C Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 C Avocado Oil
- 1 TSP Locally Sourced Organic Honey (OPT)
- 1 TBSP Toasted Sesame Seeds (Do this by placing sesame seeds on a pan and bake at 350 for a few minutes until they turn a golden brown. Check often as they can burn easily)
- Toss everything in a bowl and wahlah! Super easy, healthy, and DELICIOUS!
Want MORE Be Confidently You? Be sure to sign up HERE to become a part of the Confident Crew and be the first to receive everything NEW and exclusive weekly tips and tricks that you’ll only receive by being apart of the team! Plus, you’ll receive my TWO free guides just for joining the team!