I tried a little something. And I LOVE it.
Because who doesn’t love burrito bowls?
& who doesn’t love sweet potatoes?!
Combine the two and you’ve got yourself a big ole bowl of love!
(Now I know your girl has got to work on her food styling, but hey! we all gotta start somewhere, right?! Pretty of not ~ it certainly TASTES delicious!)
This bowl provides a little spicy and little sweet to make the PERFECT combo. The filling is close to that of a bean chili and the Avocado “Cream” acts as both your guac and also your sour cream ~ throw it all together inside of a baked sweet potato and BAM… Sweet Potato Burrito Bowls are made!
Sweet Potato Burrito Bowls
Serves: 2 + some left over filling
- 1 Large Sweet Potato, Whole
For the Filling:
- 1 TSP Avocado Oil (Or any other high heat oil)
- 1/2 Onion, Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Can No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes + Green Chiles
- 1 Can No Salt Added Black Beans
- 1/2 TSP Chili Powder + More to Taste
- 1/2 TSP Turmeric
- 1/4 TSP Thyme
- 1/4 TSP Pink Salt (or sea salt)
For the Avocado “Cream”
- 1 Medium Avocado
- 1 TBSP Cilantro
- Juice of 1/4 Lime
- 1 TSP Jalapeno
- 3 TBSP Water + More as needed
- Pinch Salt and Pepper
- Red Cabbage
- Nutritional Yeast
- Heat oven to 400
- Poke holes in your sweet potato and wrap it LOOSELY in tin foil
- Bake for at least 40 mins. Put a knife into the center and if it doesn’t go through smoothly, bake for additional time. Checking every 5-10 mins.
- Begin prepping the Avocado “Cream” by placing all ingredients into a single serving blender. Or use a food processor with varied results. (you may have to scrape the sides way more often). You may need more water so add 1 TBSP at a time until it is creamy.
- Taste the cream and adjust ingredients to taste. Place in refrigerator for the time being.
- When your potato is almost done cooking start making your filling. Give yourself about 20 minutes if you have already prepped your vegetables.
- Heat avocado oil in pot on medium
- Add onion and garlic and cooked until translucent
- Add can of tomatoes and green chilies and cook for about 5 mins, stirring occasionally
- Add can of beans and spices and cook for an additional 5 mins, stirring occasionally
- Cut sweet potato in half and using a fork scrape the sides and mash the insides together
- Spread it out to the sides and scoop about 3/4 C of the filling into the sweet potato halves
- Top with Avocado “Cream” and whatever other toppings your prefer!
Want MORE Be Confidently You? Be sure to sign up HERE to become a part of the Confident Crew and be the first to receive everything NEW and exclusive weekly tips and tricks that you’ll only receive by being apart of the team! Plus, you’ll receive my TWO free guides just for joining the team!