Oh yeah, you read that right… Cauli-Almond Butter Fudge.
This is a treat that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth, without doing too much damage to the body as the main ingredient here is an entire head of cauliflower!! In fact, Cauliflower alone contains two phytonutrients which work together to help prevent cancer. It also provides excellent sources of vitamins and minerals that help strengthen the immune system. Such as ~ folate, vitamin C, Vitamin E, beta-carotene, and selenium.
Then we add in some wonderful cacao to really turn this dessert into a true superfood. To clarify, Cacao and Cocoa are two completely different things. Cocoa ~ which most of us are familiar with ~ is typically chemically processed and roasted which ends up destroying a lot of the wonderful antioxidants and flavonoids that it contains. It’s also often treated with nasty pesticides. Cacao on the other hand, well let me just tell youuu about this amazing superfood! Not only does it contain 40 TIMES the antioxidants of blueberries, but it is also the highest source of plant based iron. Plus, it provides more calcium than Cow’s milk, is a great source of magnesium, and gives off neurotransmitters that makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Safe to say ~ Cacao is where it’s at!!
We finish off this recipe with some Beetroot powder which among so many great health benefits ~ it is rich in nitrate which has been shown to improve blood flow and lower blood pressure. Then we add in some almond butter for some delicious flavor and add heart health boosters.
Can we all just agree that this dessert is crazy good for you!? 😀
Cauli-Almond Butter Swirl Fudge
- 1 Head Cauliflower, destemmed
- 1 TBSP Beet powder (I found mine at Sprouts, but you can find it in the nutrition isle at most big grocery stores)
- 3/4 C Cacao Powder
- 1/4 C Organic Locally Sourced Honey (Use other sweetener if you don’t eat honey)
- 2 TBSP Almond Butter + More for topping)
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- 1/2 C Jel Dessert (I found this at Whole Foods near the baking stuff. It’s used to hold everything together, so you can use Gelatin if you’re not vegan with varied results)
- Pumpkin Seeds for topping
- Steam cauliflower for 7 minutes.
- Transfer cooked cauliflower to a food processor or high speed blender and blend until smooth
- Add Cacao, almond butter, honey, vanilla, and beet powder and blend until well mixed.
- Follow directions on Jel Dessert package to mix it with hot water. Then add 1/2 C of the liquid to your food processor and blend until mixed.
- Transfer contents to an 8×8 dish and spread out evenly.
- Warm a few tablespoons of almond butter on the stove on LOW heat and stir continuously to prevent burning.
- Once melted, pour over dish and swirl it around with a knife.
- Top with pumpkin seeds.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 3 hours.
- Cute into 10 pieces and ENJOY!!
Want MORE Be Confidently You? Be sure to sign up HERE to become a part of the Confident Crew and be the first to receive everything NEW and exclusive weekly tips and tricks that you’ll only receive by being apart of the team! Plus, you’ll receive my TWO free guides just for joining the team!
(Cacao Information provided from BeGoodOrganics.Com)