Have you ever actually taken a look at the “healthy” protein bar that you eat? Many are loaded with sugar, sodium, and questionable products. That’s not to say that ALL are this way, but you’d be surprised at the number.
Which is why I’ve always enjoyed making my own protein bars! This way I know exactly what has been put in them and not worry about all the funky ingredients. Therefore my body and my conscience are happy campers!
These bars are not only filled with protein, but the added seeds give them the extra “umph” most bars are missing! Extra fiber, omega-3’s, and vitamins your body needs make these bars the best choice, every time!
Grab one of these on your way to your next workout for some extra energy!
Nutty-Seedy Protein Bar
- 1 C Dates, pitted
- 1 C Cashews
- 1/4 C Protein of your choice, I used Sprouts Vanilla
- 2 TBSP Almond Butter
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- 2 TBSP of 3 different kinds of seeds. I used Pumpkin Seeds, Chia Seeds, Hemp Seeds
- Optional Add Ins ~ Dried fruit, Oats, Cacao Nibs, Coconut Flakes
- Add dates to food processor or high speed blender and blend for a second just to break them up
- Add cashews and blend for about 10 seconds until the cashews are in little pieces
- Add protein powder, almond butter, and vanilla and mix until the mixture is sticky (mine rolled into a ball) If the mixture is too crumbly, add water 1 TBSP at a time until it stick together. This may take a few TBSP depending on how dry your dates were. I personally used 5 TBSP.
- Transfer mixture to large bowl and add seeds
- Mix with your hands until it is all well mixed together
- Transfer to a parchment/wax paper lined 8×8 baking pan. Push down with your finger until it is evenly distributed .
- Place in freezer for at least one hour.
- Cut into 10 bars.
- You can leave these in the freezer or place in the fridge for a softer bar. I like to leave them in the freezer.
- ****If you’re taking them out of the pan and separating one by one, be sure to wrap each one in parchment paper to avoid sticking together.
Want MORE Be Confidently You? Be sure to sign up HERE to become a part of the Confident Crew and be the first to receive everything NEW and exclusive weekly tips and tricks that you’ll only receive by being apart of the team! Plus, you’ll receive my TWO free guides just for joining the team!