Soup season isn’t over just yet!!
Honestly guys, soup is my weakness. I could eat soup every single day if I could… even in the summer! I only don’t because my husband HATES soup in the summer. But luckily for everyone, it ain’t summer yet!
Which is why I’m sharing with you a delicious Vegetable Black Bean Soup. Something to serve at a dinner party or a perfect store in the fridge quick meal! Soups are one of my favorite meals to prep ahead because they are so quick and easy to reheat on my busy days. I’ll sometimes prep two different soups on weeks I know I’m going to be extra busy.
This soup is especially great for post workout since its packed with protein and vegetables! Plus it has chili power to boost your metabolism, cumin to assist in weight loss, garlic for a lower risk of heart disease, cancer, and high cholesterol, and turmeric for it’s amazing antioxidant properties. This soup is just a dream come true!
Vegetable Black Bean Soup
- 1 TBSP Avocado/Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 3 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Bunch Kale, chopped
- 1 Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 3 Cans NO SODIUM Black Beans
- 2 TBSP Chili Powder
- 1 TBSP Cumin
- 2 TSP Turmeric
- 1/4 TSP Pink Salt
- 1/4 TSP Black Pepper
- 4 C Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- Prep all veggies
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat
- Add onion, peppers, carrots, and garlic to pot and stir to coat
- In a blender, blend two cans of black beans
- Once veggies are soft and well cooked, about 5-8 minutes, add all seasonings and cook for another minute or so
- Mix in can of tomatoes, can on NON BLENDED beans, and vegetable broth, turn heat to high
- Once boiling, stir in blended beans and and kale
- Turn heat to low-medium and let simmer for 15-20 mins