Yeah, you read that right – Chocolate Almond Banana Valentines Truffles
Sounds dreamy, right? Well they most certainly are!
With Valentines Day right around the corner, 13 days to be exact, I figured I would dedicate the next two recipes to some healthy treats you can make for your significant other. Something that is sure to leave them wanting more, but be good for the body at the same time. So in this case,
you can have your cake and eat it too… Without the guilt!
If you’re like me, and about 90% of the population, you’re a foodie! But most of the foods I enjoy are typically laden with sodium, sugar, unhealthy fats, and do not sit well with my body. Think headaches, bloating, nausea, anger, and the wretched sugar hangover.
So I’ve made it my mission to find ways to make these foods healthy!
These truffles are friend approved, husband approved, and will most definitely be child approved!! They offer and rich nutty flavor, with hints of sweetness from a banana, then coated with dark chocolate to finish it off perfectly.
Chocolate Almond Banana Valentines Truffles
Makes 18 Balls
- 1 C Almond Flour
- 1/2 C Almond Butter
- 5 Pitted Dates
- 1 TBSP Cocao Powder
- 2 TBSP Hemp Seeds
- 1/2 TSP Vanilla
- 1 Banana
- 1 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 1/4 C Dark Chocolate Chips
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Blend until creamy.
- Place mixture in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, this will help you roll it into balls because it’s very sticky.
- Take them out and roll them into balls, then place back in freezer
- Cover a plate with wax paper, set aside.
- Begin making your chocolate mixture by heating a pan on fairly low, then add the coconut oil.
- Once the coconut oil is melted, add the dark chocolate little by little while continuously stirring.
- Once this mixture is smooth and the chocolate is completely melted, take the balls out of the freezer and begin rolling each ball in the chocolate one by one. I found using a spoon worked the easiest with this.
- Using your spoon, transfer the ball onto your wax-papered plate and if you’re using sprinkles, sprinkle them on each ball right as you move it to the plate while the chocolate is still liquid. This will ensure they stick.
- Place them back in the freezer for at least 10 minutes so the chocolate can harden.
- Store these in the freezer.
Want MORE Be Confidently You? Be sure to sign up HERE to become a part of the Confident Crew and be the first to receive everything NEW and exclusive weekly tips and tricks that you’ll only receive by being apart of the team! Plus, you’ll receive my TWO free guides just for joining the team!