As adults, we’re all incredibly busy. From trying to get the kids ready for work, to getting ourselves out of bed, to dealing with morning traffic,
most of us find it nearly impossible to sit down and have a good breakfast.
Putting “eating breakfast” at the bottom of our priority list.
But breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It gives us the necessary energy to move on with whatever the day holds for us. We’re able to concentrate better, make faster decisions, improve memory, and not feel so groggy around lunch time. Plus, if you skip breakfast, you’re more likely to reach for sugary & fatty snacks later in the morning. Eating breakfast also has many long term health benefits. It’s been shown that eating breakfast can
reduce obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease, and obesity.
So next time you think of skipping breakfast altogether or reaching for a doughnut, remember how you’re setting yourself up for the rest of your day… and life!
But have no fear, because I have the perfect ultra delicious easy to make grab-n-go recipe for all you busy adults out there! Just because you have places to be,
doesn’t mean your health has to suffer.
Bananas Foster Overnight Oats
- 1/2 C Rolled Oats
- 1/2 C + 1 TBSP Unsweetened Almond Milk (Or other non dairy milk)
- 1 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Banana, Sliced
- 1 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 1 TSP Cinnamin
- 1 TSP Honey (optional)
- 1/4 TSP Vanilla
- Chopped Pecans – As many as you’d like!
- In a mason jar, or other cup/jar, mix together Oats, Almond Milk, Chia Seeds, Honey, and Vanilla.
- Place in fridge overnight or for at least 20 minutes… (The longer they soak, the creamier they will be)
- OPTIONS: You can either make your banana topping the night before and stick it on your oats before you place them in the fridge OR you can make it in the morning so it will still be warm. Personally, I prefer it to be warm, but whatever is easiest for YOU!
- Heat Coconut Oil on Low/Medium heat until melted
- Add Banana and mix to coat
- Sprinkle on Cinnamon
- Cook until golden brown and sticky
- Top on oats with Pecans
Want MORE Be Confidently You? Be sure to sign up HERE to become a part of the Confident Crew and be the first to receive everything NEW and exclusive weekly tips and tricks that you’ll only receive by being apart of the team! Plus, you’ll receive my TWO free guides just for joining the team!