Overtime, one of the biggest assistants in helping me lose weight and keep it off, was cooking EVERYTHING myself. From dressings, to sauces, to snacks, all the way down to my own protein bars.
This method works because I actually KNOW what is going into my food. No extra sodium to preserve it, no added sugars, less oil, and no weird ingredients that I couldn’t pronounce. Just simple foods & spices, mixed just right, to form a healthy meal.
One of my faaaaavorite things to home make are energy balls! They’re the perfect way to have a snack without loading up on chips, crackers, or candy. You can make them in many different ways with different flavors and they’re fairly cheap when you think about the amount of balls the recipe produces. Just stick ’em in the fridge and you’ve got a perfect healthy snack for the week!
PLUS, even your kids will love them! (You honestly might want to hide them!!)
Coconut Quinoa Energy Balls
Makes 25 Balls
- 1 C Pitted Dates
- 1 C Raw Cashews
- 1 C Quinoa, Cooked
- 1/4 C Shredded Coconut
- 3 TBSP Hemp Seeds (you could also used Flax or Chia)
- Place pitted dates into food processor or high speed blender (although it works best in a food processor) and blend for a moment until dates are in little pieces.
- Add cashews and chop until the cashews are in smaller pieces, being sure not to blend for too long
- Add quinoa, coconut, and seeds and chop again. If mixture seems too crumbly, add 2 TBSP water at first and blend again. Your mixture should form a sticky ball in the processor. If it still hasn’t, add water 1 TBSP at a time.
- Roll mixture into balls and place them on a tray that will fit in the fridge. Mixture makes 25 balls.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving… (Or you can just eat them this way if you can’t wait! haha)
- Keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Want MORE Be Confidently You? Be sure to sign up HERE to become a part of the Confident Crew and be the first to receive everything NEW. Plus, you’ll receive my TWO free guides just for joining the team!